There is always something about Bali that I love. I keep coming back every once in a while. Bali is packed with plenty of beautiful destinations and tasteful culinary choices. I believe you couldn't agree more with those statement. My most favorite part about going somewhere is that every place is always revolves around delicious food. Bali is one of the perfect getaway for you all food lovers will never forget. Plus, some of them also surrounded by breath-taking views.
Just a week ago, I got a chance to visit Bali and stroll around Denpasar, Legian-Kuta, Seminyak, Canggu, Kerobokan, Jimbaran and the lovely and calming Ubud. It's a spontaneous trip though, but clearly it was one of a kind. Since it's a spontaneous one, doesn't mean that I don't have a well-planned trip. I set my time just one day before to list everything up in my travel notebook. Today, I'm going to share with you guys my ultimate list to help you whenever you are going to Bali and don't know where to go. Alert! It's mostly food spot because I have always believe that a food-focused holiday is sure to leave my stomach satisfied.
I listed all places based on their location, so it's easier for you to look at. Enjoy!
- Warung Cahaya (Fried Pork with Sambal Matah)
- Yogurt Republic (Self-service yogurt shop)
- Beach Walk Mall
- Sate Babi Bawah Pohon
|Warung Cahaya Bali|
- Nalu Bowl (Smoothie Bowl)
- Revolver Café (Famous coffee shop)
- Kim Soo
- Bikini Resaturant
- Expat. Roasters Café
- Mad Pops (Popsicle & Ice Cream Shop)
- La Plancha (Double Six Beach)
- Mrs. Sippy
- KYND Community (Café)
- Sardine (Sunflower field)
- Café Organic
- NOOK (Rice field view restaurant)
- Dough Darlings (Doughnut)
- Cabina Bali (Really cute restaurant with pool inside)
- Panama Bali (Little Santorini)
- The Lawn
- The Shady Shack
- La Brisa (Echo Beach Bali)
|La Brisa (Echo Beach Bali)|
- Warung Mami (Fresh seafood)
- Samasta Bali (Lifestyle village filled with cafes, restaurants, art show, curated market, and a home for Movenpick Resort and Spa)
- Bukit Campuhan (Trekking area, perfect spot to see sunrise and sunset)
- Seniman Coffee (Best coffee in town)
- Samaya Ubud Resort (Try their river side restaurant called Swept Away)
- Ubud Traditional Market (Shopping area, a good bargain skill is needed)
|Swept Away Restaurant (Samaya Ubud)|
|Ubud Traditional Market|
If it's your first time going to Bali, I recommend you to go to the main tourism places such as Monumen Bom Bali, GWK (Garuda Wisnu Kencana), Kuta beach, Pandawa beach, Padang-padang beach, Tanah Lot, Pura Ulun Danu Bedugul, Kintamani, Pura Besakih, Pura Tirta Empul, Ubud Monkey Forest, Bali Bird Park, etc.
If you want to explore more, I suggest you to visit Nusa Islands which include Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Ceningan and Nusa Penida. I've been there a couple times and they left me wanting to return soon. And from this recent trip, I went to Nusa Lembongan and reminiscing just the last time I was here a year ago. The island itself is just a 30-minute fast boat ride from Sanur. It's a lot quieter compared to the main island of Bali. If you are planning to have a one day to Nusa Lembongan, book yourself a round-trip fast boat ticket. I recommend to use the Glory Fast Boat and book the earliest and the latest boat schedule (08.30 AM and 04.30 PM). Nusa Lembongan offers a great tour island experience including Dream Beach, Devil's Tears Bay, Yellow Bridge, Mangrove Tour, etc. If you are a sea addict, you can also do a snorkeling, diving, canoeing, sea walking activity. But if you are planning to stay the night, there are various place to stay, from guest house to villa. Don't forget to check Ware-Ware or The Deck for restaurant with a beach view.
See you in the next post!